Gaming Revolution

Search
 
HomePortalGallerySearchRegisterGamesArcadeAffiliateswiiLog in

Share
 

 Sergeant Arkum

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Spartan 117 John
Noob
Noob
Spartan 117 John

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2007-04-09

Sergeant Arkum Empty
PostSubject: Sergeant Arkum   Sergeant Arkum Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2007 1:02 pm

Sergeant Arkum

Welcome to a cool game I've been working on for nearly a month now. It's a 2D platform shooter with sophisticated AI, unique environments, a bunch of awesome sound effects, and several different weapons. It also features instant bullet scripts so there aren't any moving bullet objects.

It resembles Gears of War in the sense that the player is often forced to take cover behind different barriers (down key) to avoid being shot so that Arkum's health can "recharge".

I also have this game posted in the GMC Forum here.

In this early stage of the game, there is only one and a half chapters. But the final product will, of course, have several more (four or five total). I have begun to write a story and will post it soon.

Due to some tiles issues, I decided to have it start in windowed mode. It dosen't change the screen resolution. Under the options section of the menu you can change the game to fullscreen or you can press F4 at any time. But if you run into tile offset issues, you may want to change it back to windows mode. The controls are in the game info. The sizes are about 3 MB.

In this version (1.2) I fixed a few bugs, added a new weapon (the smg), added a new enemy (the probe droid), added sweet bullet-trail lines, and added two new levels with different terrain. I think you will all like this game!

Version 1.2:
Download Sergeant Arkum 1.2 from Host-a
Download Sergeant Arkum 1.2 from Savefile

Here are some screen shots. They're for an earlier version of the game, but you get the general idea of what the game looks like.
Sergeant Arkum Screenshot100yd2
Sergeant Arkum Screenshot101bm4
Sergeant Arkum Screenshot102me0

P.S.
I made 99% of this game myself, so there's no need for credits. The other 1% consists of things that I've had on my PC forever, before I started using GM or anything like that so I have no idea where they came from (I probably made them too, but I don't know for sure so I just wanted to be safe).
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin


Number of posts : 312
Registration date : 2007-01-21

Sergeant Arkum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sergeant Arkum   Sergeant Arkum Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2007 1:04 pm

thats fun

_________________
Sergeant Arkum Finaltruecf8
Back to top Go down
http://prize.forumdediscussions.com
Spartan 117 John
Noob
Noob
Spartan 117 John

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2007-04-09

Sergeant Arkum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sergeant Arkum   Sergeant Arkum Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2007 7:30 am

Thank you Admin. Smile
Any suggestions, glitches, or ideas?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin


Number of posts : 312
Registration date : 2007-01-21

Sergeant Arkum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sergeant Arkum   Sergeant Arkum Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2007 6:51 pm

maybe you could make like a special item or one that when you get makes time slow down that would be really cool

_________________
Sergeant Arkum Finaltruecf8
Back to top Go down
http://prize.forumdediscussions.com
Spartan 117 John
Noob
Noob
Spartan 117 John

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2007-04-09

Sergeant Arkum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sergeant Arkum   Sergeant Arkum Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 1:59 pm

Ok, thanks. I'll think about that. Smile
Back to top Go down
scorpafi
Guest



Sergeant Arkum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sergeant Arkum   Sergeant Arkum Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2007 8:12 pm

wow if you want i can make you the slow down time thing its really easy
Back to top Go down
Spartan 117 John
Noob
Noob
Spartan 117 John

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2007-04-09

Sergeant Arkum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sergeant Arkum   Sergeant Arkum Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2007 1:45 pm

Thanks, but I don't think it will fit in very well.
How would you do it anyway, in case I want to use it in a different game? Just give me the basics if you want.
Back to top Go down
scorpafi
Guest



Sergeant Arkum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sergeant Arkum   Sergeant Arkum Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2007 6:43 pm

here i have an example for you it has slowmotion in it

example: http://shelbymustang500.googlepages.com/slowmotion.gm6
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Sergeant Arkum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sergeant Arkum   Sergeant Arkum Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
Sergeant Arkum
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Tanki Online (TOPIC 3!)

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gaming Revolution :: Graphics Gaming Webdesign :: W.I.P-
Jump to: